Monday, June 11, 2007

A Way of Being

My current ministry is serving on the General Council or Leadership Team of my Religious Congregation, the Missionary Servants of the Most Blessed Trinity, aka Trinitarians. I get to do a lot of different things,; travel a lot and visit our sisters in various places including Mexico, Alabama, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and many other places. I get to go to lots of meetings, do lots of listening to people and do lots of paperwork. Once in a while I have an opportunity for something different.

Last week I was at a workshop on Law and Religious Life. We 100 or so sisters from different congregations and one priest, have three lawyers, Canon, Civil and Civil/Canon talking to us on various issues. All the issues are focused on Living the Evangelical Councils or Vows; Poverty, Chastity and Obedience.

Some of my Sisters made faces when I told them where I was going, as if I was going to something distasteful. It's not distasteful, it's like a retreat, very centered on Jesus and on Religious Life as a way of following Jesus through the way we live our lives. Quite beautiful, moving and challenging! It's not some much about what we all do, although we do a lot of good things, but more about a way of being.

No comments: